If you’ve recently finished a teeth-whitening service, congratulations! We hope that you are enjoying the new appearance of your smile, and we hope the service lasts for a long time. Here are some pointers about how you can save the fresh appearance of your whitened pearly whites.
– Brush two times a day with whitening toothpaste to preserve that brilliant look. If you’re debating between two or more brands, trust the ones that bear the ADA seal of approval.
– Watch out for foods that can dye your pearly whites. Foods like red wine, coffee, tea, raspberries, blueberries, blackberries and heavily colored drinks can lead to dimmed chompers.
– Use a straw when drinking drinks that stain so you can keep your pearly whites free from dyes that discolor chompers. If you don’t have a straw, be wary!
– Give up smoking and/or chewing tobacco. The tar and nicotine in tobacco products such as cigarettes change pearly whites to shades of yellow and brown. Scale back your use and your teeth will say thanks!
– Check in with your dentist often for cleanings and perhaps whitening. The staff at Hector G. Menendez, DMD in New Brunswick, New Jersey, are specialists in professional teeth cleaning. Let them help you keep your smile shining.
Have you scheduled your next appointment with Dr. Hector Menendez yet? If not, please call 732-937-9595 now so we can set up your visit. We hope to see you soon!