Are you practicing effective oral health care? Caring for your teeth is of vital importance to ensure you do not succumb to the effects of oral health disorders such as gum disease and tooth decay. Listed below are some tips to help you:
– Constantly monitor your oral health by avoiding dangerous snacks and sweets that can cause dental erosion and cavities, including products that are extremely acidic and contain large quantities of sugar.
– Focus on using products that have been deemed safe by dental professionals. This includes product recommendations and approvals from your dentist as well as products that feature the ADA Seal of Acceptance.
– Always attend any checkups and professional cleanings you may have scheduled with your dentist.
– It is of vital importance to keep your toothbrush free of contamination from other brushes or dirty surfaces. Store your brushes upright, alone, and in a well-ventilated area.
– The risks of mouth jewelry are well-documented and in order to better serve your smile’s health, they should be avoided if possible.
– Brush your teeth at least twice every day and floss every day, making sure to floss between every tooth.
– Find out and keep track of your entire dental history.
If you would like a professional oral health care treatment from Hector G. Menendez, DMD at our dentist office in New Brunswick, New Jersey, please contact us at 732-937-9595. Dr. Hector Menendez and the rest of our team will ensure you get the bright smile you desire.