Do you have a plan in place for tooth extraction recovery? Before and after a tooth extraction, always set up an effective plan to prepare your body and home for any conditions that can arise.
Additionally, make sure to stop any bad habits, such as smoking before and after the surgery, to guarantee the highest chance of success and to minimize any risks that come along with tooth extractions.
Listed below are some recommended treatment methods for healing after a tooth extraction:
– Take any medications exactly as prescribed by your dentist and should any agony persist, do not increase the dosage, but instead, contact your dentist.
– Get plenty of rest and avoid all kinds of strenuous labor and exercise so that your body has a chance to heal.
– Oftentimes, the anesthesia will make eating or drinking hard, so to avoid choking, do not eat anything before the anesthesia wears off.
– Swelling is common in your face and mouth, so use ice packs to reduce inflammation.
– If any difficulties should arise during your recovery, contact your dentist as soon as you can.
– Listen to the tips laid out by your dentist and follow them as instructed.
If you are looking for tooth extraction treatments in New Brunswick, New Jersey, Hector G. Menendez, DMD would love to help. For a more thorough examination to determine which treatment will work best for you, you can schedule an appointment with Dr. Hector Menendez by calling our dentist office at 732-937-9595. A happy smile is your first step to a brighter, healthier lifestyle that can improve your life for many years to come.