There are plenty of monsters this holiday season lurking in the shadows waiting to haunt your hygiene. Don’t let the ghoulies wreck your smile. Luckily, we have plenty of tools at our disposal to take down terror, and win the battle against cavities:
– Dental Double-check: Check the candy received for yourself and your family, and remove those pieces that don’t dissolve easily or are washed away in your mouth easily.
– Visit the dentist for an oral exam, or a professional cleaning
– Non-Sugar Rewards: Switch out your loved one’s candy with toys, money, or other rewards.
– Brush after Eating: Residue from candy lingers easily in hidden places, especially from hard or sticky candies, so be sure to brush and floss with proper techniques.
– Opt for Healthy Treats: Eat healthy, and you will be healthy.
– Go for Short Binges, Not Grazing: Avoid snacking over long periods of time and in between meals.
– Make a Candy Plan: Decide in advance what should be done with any collected/leftover candy, or else you could find yourself snacking on sugary sweets for weeks.
Don’t forget to brush your teeth, and floss behind your fangs. The longer candy is in contact with your teeth, the longer tooth decay can occur.
If you have any additional questions, or to set up an appointment, please call us at 732-937-9595, to talk to a member of our staff. You can also stop by our office in New Brunswick, New Jersey. From everyone at Hector G. Menendez, DMD, we wish you a safe and spirited Halloween!